cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
57 47 1 5
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Can I pick my own scan pin number?

HP Recommended

When I first setup the scan to email on my Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One printer I was sent a "scan to email" pin number that I have to enter each time I want to email a new scan. However, I would prefer to use a pin number of my own choosing since I will have an easier time of remembering it. So, I would like to know if I can change my pin number to one of my own choosing?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,480 3,471 279 652
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can store the PIN

If you open the Scan to Email App and log in, then there is an option for Modify Account.  Under this menu, one can find the feature for "auto-login" and this will store the PIN for future use.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
57 47 1 5
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks! This worked great! Not only could I change the pin to one I wanted, but I was also able to set it to "auto-login." Now, if I could find a way of adding to or changing the "Subject" field I would really be a happy camper!
0 Kudos
Level 11
Level 11
3,480 3,471 279 652
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved..May i know what subject field are you referring to?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
57 47 1 5
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
In all outgoing email, under the email address line, i.e., the "TO" field there is a "Subject" field for sender to list the general topic of the email message. When sending a scanned object by email the only thing that appears on the "Subject" line is: "Scanned document from HP ePrint user." I would like to be able to add to it and/or change it. I should also note that when I first started sending scanned items by email the printer would ask me if I had additional documents to scan/send, but it no longer does that. Consequently, if I do have several pages I want to scan & email, I have to do each one individually, which is too time consuming. (The latter issue was an after-thought since it's been a while since I last experienced it.)

If you can help with both or, at least the latter issue, that would be very helpful. And thank you for all your help too!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation