cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mattpark
1 1 0 2
Message 31 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I print in black ink only on an Officejet 6600/6700? How would I do this? Thanks for all help.

Well said!!

Never_buy_HP
Level 3
6 6 0 30
Message 32 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I print in black ink only on an Officejet 6600/6700? How would I do this? Thanks for all help.

I am with you! They should be held responsible!
class_action
Level 2
5 1 0 2
Message 33 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, I welcome your support !

JustLogical
Level 1
4 2 0 3
Message 34 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had an old HP printer which I loved.  It printed using the black ink cartridge only.  This seems like a scam for HP to make more money by forcing us to purchase ink cartridges unnecessarily.  

HP should have a message pop up that gives us the option to print with lesser resolution (not using all the colors) if we'd like, instead of just using the colored cartridges.

I would like to log a formal complaint to HP.  Please tell me how I can do that. 

Thank you,

Tags (1)
scarbs
Level 3
32 26 0 8
Message 35 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm convinced, and I could well be wrong, that each time the printer starts to print te head is primed meaning some ink from each of the cartridge is sucked into it and used in the printing.

Where black only is specified I think the ink is still primed and 'lost in the ether'.

Highlighted
Tommccarthyart
2 1 0 1
Message 36 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I set to b&j only and this will be default?
scarbs
Level 3
32 26 0 8
Message 37 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One of the operating systems I use is Ubuntu. Now while HP don't support Ubuntu, there is a super driver for it and it allows black only printing. Yes, the Windows driver also has this feature but I certainly think when printing with Ubuntu the colour ink isn't shown and may not be used.

0 Kudos
mischief2u
Level 3
17 14 0 18
Message 38 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why don't you just issue handguns to all HP employees and send them out to stickup people on the street?  It would be a no less dishonerable way of making money and might even be qucker.  Giving out grocery coupons for HP "rewards"?  Just hurry up and go out of business.

mischief2u
Level 3
17 14 0 18
Message 39 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 6700.  Not fit for a boat anchor.

Tags (1)
mischief2u
Level 3
17 14 0 18
Message 40 of 81
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Kudos!!??  Go to hell with your piece of crap products.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation