Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Well said!!

HP Recommended
I am with you! They should be held responsible!
HP Recommended

Thank you, I welcome your support !

HP Recommended

I had an old HP printer which I loved.  It printed using the black ink cartridge only.  This seems like a scam for HP to make more money by forcing us to purchase ink cartridges unnecessarily.  

HP should have a message pop up that gives us the option to print with lesser resolution (not using all the colors) if we'd like, instead of just using the colored cartridges.

I would like to log a formal complaint to HP.  Please tell me how I can do that. 

Thank you,

HP Recommended

I'm convinced, and I could well be wrong, that each time the printer starts to print te head is primed meaning some ink from each of the cartridge is sucked into it and used in the printing.

Where black only is specified I think the ink is still primed and 'lost in the ether'.

HP Recommended
Can I set to b&j only and this will be default?
HP Recommended

One of the operating systems I use is Ubuntu. Now while HP don't support Ubuntu, there is a super driver for it and it allows black only printing. Yes, the Windows driver also has this feature but I certainly think when printing with Ubuntu the colour ink isn't shown and may not be used.

HP Recommended

Why don't you just issue handguns to all HP employees and send them out to stickup people on the street?  It would be a no less dishonerable way of making money and might even be qucker.  Giving out grocery coupons for HP "rewards"?  Just hurry up and go out of business.

HP Recommended

HP 6700.  Not fit for a boat anchor.

HP Recommended

Kudos!!??  Go to hell with your piece of crap products.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.