Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I need to scan a document consisting of 13 pages to my email address, how do i do this? It only seems to allow one page scan at a time and will not allow me to do any more.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community!
@Amanda06,

I understand you're looking to scan a multiple page document as one file, to your email from your Envy 5540 and wanted to reach out with some suggestions to help you.

Please see this link below. In addition to the information you will see on the first page, also check out the option near the bottom that states "How do I save a multiple document pages into a single file": Scanning from the Computer with HP Scan (Windows)

I hope that helps!

If you have any troubles with the steps, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help. 😄

😄 Have a happy day!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

This was very helpful.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

This link does not explain how to scan multiple pages into one document - would like to either save as multiple-page PDF or scan to email so I can save it as one document. The "How to..." question is also not shown in the result as you mentioned.

HP Recommended

I do not see where this subject is broached in the link you list.  Please help.  I do not want this printer if it can not scan more than one page to a document

HP Recommended

You are correct, the link given was as much use as a chocolate watch!

You need to open the HP Envy app from the start menu and do the scanning from there rather than from the printer for multiple page documents.

When the app loads clik on SCAN, this will install and load the HP Scan software.

Check the resolution you want and other settings.

Scan the first page.

Once scanned there is a '+' in the bottom left hand corner of the app. Click on this then insert the new page into the scanner and click SCAN.

Repeat till you have scanned all the pages, then click on SAVE.

HP - You need to try harder!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.