Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z6100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, want to first thank the forum for past Support answers.  I have a new problem I can not seem to solve.  I have had an issue where priming the tubes was recommended.  I wanted to see what was involved so I started the process thinking I could cancel for whatever reason.  Well it turns out that setup printheads are needed of which I do not have. But the issue is I can not cancel the prime tube utlity. It keeps instructing me to open and remove the printheads.  Nothing seems be able to cancel the function. Tried cancel button, restart several times. As a last resort I even tried CMOS reset. It just starts up as normal and goes to "open window and printhead coverto access the printheads" everytime.

Can any one tell me how to cancel this mode?

Much Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have found the answer. Apparently once the process has been initiated it can not be cancelled, it must be completed. The setup printheads are needed to complete the process.  I found a kit for $35. Live and learn.

HP Recommended

I fooled my Z3200 many times before & I never had setup printhead. When you prompt for install setup printheads & you just leave old printhead there. After printer checked & printer restart & asks you were there any inks, just anwser yes.

Everytime printer eprom reset & need to do ths step.

Imagine you have to buy  setup printheads & wait for its arrival & wasting of time.

HP Recommended

I wouldn't run this with the printheads installed as the printer will push ink through the tubes to remove any air pockets and this could potentially damage the heads.

Remove the printheads, cover the Septums with some shop towel in case of any leakage and close the latch.

Then, as Jason from Miami suggests, let the process run and say yes to the any ink question.

Cheers,

Roy

HP Recommended

My cases were not related with air, except to reset printer to factory default. I did it with different

formatter boards, also sometimes the printer could not recognize new printheads, inks etc  & I had to try different approaches.

Last week, I had 2 brand new m/y printheads replaced & did not work. by doing the above, finally all went through.

When printer purge inks & atop of service station & never seen inks outside areas.

HP Recommended

Poster above has a point. If the 6100 still sees the printheads, then just remove and place a small strip of tape on the back of each printhead so as to prevent contact at the back of the carriage assembly and put back in the carriage. The plotter will think you have installed setup heads and do as the poster above states. Make sure to remove the tape when it tell you to put back the original printheads. This trick can also be used on the 500/800 series.  I have done this a number of times with the 500/800 series and it has never damaged the heads. I have only had to do this when the user started the routine and then was stuck. I have stopped using setup heads and use a syringe when I need to prime/purge tubes which I find to be a better tool.

HP Recommended

Hello Mr. David,

I want to ask you about your info here :

then just remove and place a small strip of tape on the back of each printhead so as to prevent contact at the back of the carriage assembly and put back in the carriage

when i see in the back of printhead, there are 4 small rectangle at the up and many of little square at below, which part do i have place a small strip of tape?

P_20170209_111508.jpg

Thanks 

HP Recommended

stuck with a simular problem with tube priming setup.. did you manage to find what points to cover to conver printheads as setup ??

please advise THANKS..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.