cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
davidst95 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can not enter Host Name into the browser

Hi,

I set my printer host name to HP8600.   On my PC, I can enter the host name into the url and the HP Web Interface will come up.   I am unable to do this with my Mac.   I can only get to it with entering the IP.   I'm using Firefox on both browsers.   Do you know what could be the issue?   Thank you.

David

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Associate Dean
Associate Dean
8,492 7,850 685 1,165
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can not enter Host Name into the browser

It seems odd, but it doesn't look like Macs will let you do this.  I tested it on mine running 10.8.3 and it wouldn't connect to my 8600 or any of my other printers using the host name.  It would connect using the IP address though.  It appears that Macs just do not support this feature.  Sorry.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation