Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600

I have 2 Pro 8600 Officejet Pros and 1 reduces copies to any size and 1 only goes to 50%. Please advise me on how to get the one that stops at 50% to reduce smaller.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @rakbak - Hope you are well 🙂

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

Going through your post, I understand that you are trying to resize the copy on your Officejet 8600 printer. Let’s try the steps listed here:

1. Place a document face down on the scanner glass / ADF and press the copy option
  2. Go to copy settings by touching the wrench / gear icon.
  3. Scroll down and select the “Settings” option.
  4. Select the “Resize” option and check the settings.
  5. You can select “Custom size” to specify the custom resize option.

That should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks for your directions. I know the process it worked with one of my printers but one defaults to only reduce 50% . You can enter a lower percentage then it kicks  back to 50%. Perplexing.

HP Recommended

Hello, @rakbak

Try to perform a power drain on the printer and check. Here are the steps:

·         With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

·         Remove USB cable, if present.

·         Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

·         Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

·         Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now try the steps listed above and check.

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

In response to the last post. It also did not work. Any other suggestions? The copier still kicks back to 50%.

HP Recommended

@rakbak

Hi,

as @Dvortex is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

May I know if you try to copy from the scanner glass bed or the ADF (Automated Document Feeder) does it produce the same results

Meanwhile, I suggest you to perform a firmware update on the printer and you may check out this link for the available printer firmware updates.

NOTE: Please ensure that you select the correct operating system in that webpage before downloading the firmware update.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to reset the printer. I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. 

I hope this information helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.