Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (532 Views)

Can't Install c7280 All-in-One Printer Drivers

[ Edited ]

Windows 7 Professional 64

Drivers - PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140 downloaded from HP web site

Using HP Solution Center, my HP C7280 All-in One would not scan properly.  It would start to scan and then stop part way through the scan.   I use it thru a USB connection.  Until recently, it worked fine.  I uninstalled all the HP drivers and software via HP Unstallers in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and tried to reinstall the software from the disk I had.  This did not work because the Op Sys and drivers on the disk were not compatible.  So I downloaded the drivers listed above and tried to install them.

It would not install.  A message came up early in the installation saying the installer could not find a specified file.  Here is what is listed about the file:  C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS5893\Setup..\Setup\Blocksyus...

The 7zSxxxx folder name given in this message is not the same as the 7zSxxxx folder containing the extracted files in the %TEMP% folder.  When the installer tries to uninstall the files it has installed, the uninstaller quits early and a message says a problem has occurred making the uninstaller quit.

I have tried this multiple (many) times, first deleting the files in the %TEMP% folder, then trying to get rid of old files by using the RevoUninstaller junk file remover.  Always get the same result.  I even renamed the 7zSxxxx folder in the %TEMP% folder to the name in the installer error message, burned the extracted files to a DVD, and then tried to install from the disk but I got the same result.

On additional thing - I use a Ram disk and have the %TEMP% and %TMP% folders there and the extracted files go to the %TEMP" folder on that Ram disk.  I moved these two temp folders to the C-drive via editing the environment variables, and the extracted files went to the %TEMP% folder on the C-drive but I still got the same result when I tried installation.

Does anyone know how to solve this installation problem?  Are the drivers I downloaded the right ones? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 2 of 2 (522 Views)

Re: Can't Install c7280 All-in-One Printer Drivers

I just now tried the Microsoft MrFixIt Tool which is supposed to help solve Install/Uninstall problems.  An error message came up and said that a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation