Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp b8850
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where can I find the "ok" button on the hp b8850? I need to manually clean the printheads and the instructructions tell me to open the top door of the printer, press and hold the "ok" button until the printhead assembly moves to the left side of the printer and stops....but where is the ok button?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Tsalani6

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart Pro B8850 Photo Printer. I read that you want to clean the printhead manually and teh instructions tell you to press and hold the OK button but there is not an OK button on the printer. I'll do my best to help you.

Honestly, I too did not find an OK button on this printer. Please refer to page numbers 3 and 5 from the user guide.

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Are you facing any print quality issues?
  • Is everything working fine on the printer?

I did some research and found this HP Document which explains how to clean the printhead through the printer menu and also how to clean it manually. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Kai.JPGOn the left is the file I'm trying to print.DSCN2844.JPGOn the right is how it prints.

I've installed new cartridges prior to printing. I haven't used this printer for about a year. The previous cartridges were mostly empty. I've used the the printer menu to align the printheads and to do the advanced or heavy  duty printhead cleaning...twice.

brrr.jpgHere's another example    DSCN2845.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi @Tsalani6,

I read the response completely. You've done a remarkable job of troubleshooting to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for that, As @MKazi is out of office, I am responding on his behalf. If you've performed all the steps from the links from the previous post, then I would suggest that you contact HP phone support for further assistance via this link: http://hp.com/contacthp Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions to contact HP.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll contact them tomorrow.

HP Recommended

Hi @Tsalani6,

I reviewed the super quick response. Please contact HP phone support to get the situation corrected.

I honestly hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

You've  been absolutely superb to work with, by displaying great technical skills. 🙂 I thank you again for your time. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

You take care now, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.