Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Fe3Man Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't Re-install Officejet J4550

After using Officejet J4550 All-In-One on my Dell 5100 Desktop with Windows XP  for over a year,  I uninstalled it due to problems with faxing.  When I tried to reinstall, it would not recognize the installation disk.  I took the computer and printer to a repair shop, and was told the disk was bad, but I could download one that would be fine.  I have tried to do so for over a day, but each time I get a Fatal Error message  (2753).  During the many attempts using HP support, I have updated both HP and Dell, and during a Dell update, I upgraded to Windows 8.   I know little about computers or printers, and might be trying to download the wrong thing, or whatever, but I can't get the printer installed.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
DonHP50 Tutor
Tutor
22 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't Re-install Officejet J4550

Lest you know Windows 8 is STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT for Senior Programmers or bug testing be careful. Find the UNINSTALL <Officejet J4550> software and follow directions.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation