cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
mcamargo
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't adjust settings for scanning with mac book pro (os-x). Hp utility gives very limited choices

I am trying to scan documents and pictures from my new HP Photosmart 7510 to my Mac Book Pro OX-X.  The pictures come out smaller than the original and there is no way for me to change the settings (dpis, for instance).  When scanning documents it does it only in black and white and I can't change the resolution or contrast.  I am using the HP utility as it is the only software that came with the all-in-one.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,867
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't adjust settings for scanning with mac book pro (os-x). Hp utility gives very limited choices

Try using Image Capture (in your Applications folder).  When it opens, choose your printer on the left, then click the "Show Details" button along the bottom.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Level 16
Level 16
25,615 25,345 4,544 9,885
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,
It seems as the default scan workflow configured to crop the picture by its default settings.

First, install the Critical Update below:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41827/mp-101648-1/HP_Scan_for_Mac_OS_X_10.7_Update.dmg

Now change the device settings as following:
1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the "Scan Tasks" tab.
4. Select the Scan Shortcut used to scan, then click Edit.
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Crop To and set as None.
7. Click OK and try scanning.

You may also set the Color Mode to full color, the settigns should change with no issue once the update above been installed.

Please let me know of any change,
Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
mcamargo
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much, however I shouldhave mentioned that my version is OS 10.5.8  The update that you are referring to needs at least OS 10.7 :Crying:

0 Kudos
mcamargo
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried but it tells me that there is no image capture device connected. The printer is wireless and it is in fact connected but for some reason I get that message. Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos
Level 16
Level 16
25,615 25,345 4,544 9,885
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Simply skip the patch installation, the next steps should apply for OS X 10.5 as well and should resolve the problem.

Regards,

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation