cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CanuckChris
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Can't connect to Printer

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new OfficeJet Pro 8610, connected via Ethernet to my Home Network Router.  Installed this as my default printer to my Home PC (HP Pavilion running Windows 10, 64 bit) and it works fine.  Also set up my work laptop (Dell Latitude running Windows 7 Enterprise) with no problem.

Trying to connect my daughter's Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro running Windows 10, 64 bit and it does not work.  I've tried all the steps posted on the various discussion threads here, but nothing works.

At best, it installs the printer, only as a scanner, and says the print driver is unavailable.

I've installed the driver from the CD that came with the printer.  It looks like it installs, but will not print.

Tried downloading and installing the OfficeJet Pro 8600 driver (one thread suggested this would work), but it did not.

All the online threads suggest there is an incompatibility issue between this printer driver and Windows 10 - and yet it works with Windows 10 on my home PC.

How can I fix this?!

VERY FRUSTRATED at how much time I've wasted trying to get this to work!!

Chris

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,793 30,497 2,789 10,222
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@CanuckChris

System:   Yoga 2 Pro Laptop (Lenovo)

The HP print driver for this printer is presumed to be stable in most Windows 10 environments; nonetheless, there can be issues when installing, particularly if the system on which you install the printer software is a "migrated system", that is, the target computer started out with an Operating System other than Windows 10.

It is possible that the CD that came with the Officejet Pro 8610 does not provide the latest version of the Full Feature Software.

Full Feature Software:

File name: OJ8610_198.exe

Release details

Released: Nov 13, 2015

Version 32.3

Some Ideas

Ensure that all your computer's Lenovo drivers for Windows 10 are installed and Up-to-Date.

Because Windows 10 is a "rolling release", it is likely that the Windows Updates are current.  If you have questions about whether that is the case, check your Windows Updates.

It appears that there is a BIOS update for this Lenovo computer (for Windows 10) -- BIOS updates carry an inherent risk factor -- you must decide whether to install / update the BIOS.  Should you decide to update the computer's BIOS, ensure you have the means necessary to reinstall the entire system should it be necessary and carefully follow the instructions for the Update.

If you have not done so, consider updating Adobe Reader DC to the latest version.  Printer software likes Adobe Reader DC in spite of the fact that you (personally) might use a different PDF Reader program.

As well, update the computer's Adobe Flash.

Consider clearing the Temp folders which might contain "left over" bits from previous software installations.

Consider assigning a static IP address to the computer and / or the printer.  Static IP address can help stablize troublesome connection points.

Help, suggestions, and examples:

Install Full Feature Software – Printer

NOTE: If the computer has been recently migrated to Windows 10: Create a Restore Point > Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software > Remove the existing printer software > Reboot > Install Full Feature Software > Reboot

Section(s) included:

• Preparation
  • Extras and Optional > HP Information, Diagnostics, and Installation Help
  • The Windows 10 Printer Frenzy
  • Restart Everything
  • Download and Installation
  • Remove Printer Software
  • See who and what is on your network

===========================================================

The printer comes with HP Phone Support -- the details vary by country; see the User Guide for details.

You can contact HP for help!

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts - USA / Canada

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Tech support/ Customer Service – Some English Speaking Countries

Including UK and Europe

Warranty Service: Care Pack and HP Total Care

Total Care for your HP notebook - Warranty

ePrint, Instant Ink, and Print Apps (formally Printables)

In USA or Canada, call Cloud Services: 1-855-785-2777

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
CanuckChris
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions.  Tried them all but no dice.

Now, this printer is frequently going Offline for no apparent reason.  This seems to be a common theme with this printer.  I have tried all the suggestions I've come across on the numerous threads and discussion boards on this issue.

When is HP going to fix this once and for all?

Very furstrating....

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation