Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC updated to the Creator's version f Windows 10 and now I get an error in Lucion Technology's FileCenter 9 stating that it can't locate the HP Twain driver. So, basically, my scanner is dead.... Any ideas? I've reinstalled the Printer and updated the FileCenter program.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

I had the same problem after the installation of Creator version of Windows 10.

After having reinstalled the driver and scan program did not work.

I tried adding twain/canon folder to system path (the trick is for canon scanners, but maybe for others as well https://weblogs.asp.net/jeffwids/canon-scanner-unable-to-open-twain-source)

Re-booted, did not work.

I thought maybe the system is missing  the twain dll, for me there was"twain_32.dll" and  it was there in c:\windows\twain_32.dll  (sometimes it's stated online that it is twain.dll or twain32.dll)

buuuuuuuuuuuuut...it was v1.7.1.0 or v1.7.1.3 in the properties of the file, and for the last last update that it was dated 04/25/2017

I found that with the installation files of my scanner, there was a twain_32.dll v1.6.0.3 from 1997 coming with it.

You can find if you have different twain_32.dll present on your computer left somewhere by the installer of your scannner searching with the freeware "Everything" from voidtools.

I did the following:

• Deleted the file c:\windows\twain_32.dll with the freeware -> Unlocker
  • copied the twain_32.dll from my scanner installer into c:\windows\twain_32.dll 
  • Re-started the program associated with TWAIN (twain_32.dll) error.
  • Scan was working again.

I you are on the insider program with upgrades of windows 10 every other day, you have to redo the procedure.

Hope it helps. ^-^

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.