Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HELP !   Can't find pictures I scanned from Hp Envy 5530, to Hp laptop windows 7 ?  Can anyone tell me where to look ? I have looked everywhere. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi madammaggiemae,

I understand you are not able to find the pictures you recently scanned on your HP Envy 5530 to your Windows 7 computer. When you scanned your picture, did you select to save it as a .jpeg or .pdf file? Generally when you choose .jpeg they will automatically scan into your pictures files and .pdfs get scanned into your document files.

When you set up the scan to computer option, did you create a scan folder where all scans would get sent to? This may either be named My Scans (by default) or you may have renamed the folder.

Please follow the steps below to check for recently scanned documents on your computer:

1. Go to your Start Menu

2. Select Documents or Pictures

3. This will bring up all documents/pictures on the computer. The easiest way to do this is to check the Date Modified column and match the dates of the scans.

date.PNG

4. You also have the option under your favourites tab to select Recent Places, this will show you all recent activity of files.

fav.PNG

Please let me know if you are able to locate your pictures. If you are still running into problems finding your scans I would like you to take a look here: How to Scan: Windows 7, I thought this would be very useful as there are multiple ways to scan a photo or document. This will walk you through all ways, so you can find one that works best for you. Smiley Happy

I hope this was helpful, I will watch for your reply.

Thank you in advance,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am not the one who asked the question but you gave me my answer!  Thank you.  Now, how to fix the file from PDF to jpeg!  

HP Recommended

Hello ldsrdh,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy That is great news, I am glad you were able to find your pictures. Can you please let me know the Exact model of HP printer you are using?

When you are scanning from the front panel of your printer you select Scan a Picture which automatically changes the file format to .jpeg, when you select Scan a Document this makes the file a .pdf.

If you are scanning using the HP Software on your computer (HP Printer Assistant), you are able to choose the file format before you complete the scan. So same rules apply, pictures= jpeg and documents=pdfs.

I hope this is just as helpful, if you need more assistance please let me know I would be happy to help!

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.