I lost my fax driver to my HP Officejet. I have re-installed the software twice and the fax drive does not show up in my list of printers. Really frustrated with HP. They will help fix your printer, scanner, but nothing I can find about this issue or any documentation on installing the fax driver. )-:
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.
I understand that you are unable to fax from your computer.
This issue could occur if the fax settings are not correct. There is no separate driver for fax. It is bundled with the full feature software.
Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.
And here's the step by step guide for you listed below:
1. Open the document on your computer that you want to fax.
2. On the File menu in your software application, click Print.
3. From the Name list, select the printer that has “fax” in the name.
4. To change settings (such as selecting to send the document as a black fax or a color fax), click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
5. After you have changed any settings, click OK.
6. Click Print or OK.
7. Enter the fax number and other information for the recipient, change any further settings for the fax, and then click Send Fax. The printer begins dialing the fax number and faxing the document.
Note: To use this feature, make sure you have installed the HP printer software on your computer, the printer is connected to a working telephone line, and the fax function is set up and functioning correctly.