Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet 2134
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi all

It doenst work to install my HP deskjet 2143. I already installed the complete drivers from the HP website but when I want to connect the printer to my computer I receive the message that windows can't find any stearing programs for this printer.

Automatically windows update is active.

Scan is possible, print doen't find the printer with USB cable.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.Printer werkt niet.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Nick04,

Good Day.  Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. I understand that you are having issues with printing from your printer. I will be really glad to assist you here. Smiley Happy

Splendid description and superb analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this.

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this to assist you.

• Did you try different USB cables?
  • Did you try another USB port on the computer to connect the printer?

For a start, please try these steps:

• First, uninstall the printer software by performing these steps.
  • Uninstall the printer from "add or remove programs" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button or from the control panel.(Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
  • Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
  • Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 
  • Click on print server properties. 
  • You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.
  • Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
  • Restart the PC.
  • Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 
  • Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
  • It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
  • If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
  • If you are not able to use regedit, please ignore only that step. CCleaner is a utility that you could download from a google search and uninstall the registry entries of the printer only.
  • Restart the PC again. 
  • Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.
  • Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Then check again if the printer works.

• Please try a different USB cable.
  • Then please try to connect the printer to a different USB port on the computer.

Also please try these steps for USB troubleshooting of the printer from this link by clicking here and follow the option "What if my printer is not found or connected during USB setup?"

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.