cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
radschlaeger
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can't install J4680 on new Windows7

J4680 already successfully installed on Windows Vista but when I try to install on new Windows7 laptop, error message from HP install disks indicating no operating system. When I then connect new laptop via USB to printer, per HP online advice, Windows7 Update also then indicates, no driver. How do I install my existing J4680 on a newly purchased Windows7 PC?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
jandsbob
Level 4
128 128 9 7
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Download the new software from the website. Might be an issue with an old driver.

Also make sure that you've run windows update and gotten all the updates.

0 Kudos
radschlaeger
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you, Jandsbob, for the reminder. It works now. 20+ plus years of installing various PC peripherals and age catches up with this user - age misses some steps, or rather, it forgets some. I simply passed by the software and driver updates, which was not clever. Thanks again for your correct advice to check things step-by-step.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation