cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BillH5
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Can't install LJ Pro MFP M426fdn

HP Recommended
LJ Pro MFP M426fdn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've run the install package from the included cd and it runs to conclusion with no error until the very end when the choice is given to set the printer as the default printer and to print a test page. I immediately get an error stating there's a communication error and the printer can't print. The printer is physically attached to our network.

HP Scan did install and I can scan from that application as well as from third party software that uses the scanner. In Devices and Printers the printer appears but is grayed out. Can't print a test page from Printer Properties and MS Troubleshooter can't find any error.

I have:

• uninstalled the printer, re-booted, re-run the installation cd. Same result.
  • downloaded install package from HP, uninstalled the printer, re-booted, run the downloaded set. Same result.
  • Installed the printer on a laptop with a wireless connection to the network running WIN 10 Home x64 and a desktop running WIN XP with physical network connection. Both installed successfully.
  • Not kicked the printer. Yet.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation