Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 6200C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I appreciate my printer is running on borrowed time but until now has done all I ask of it. The drivers are up to date for Windows 10 64 bit. I just cannot print any 7 x 5 cards although I am sure the printer spec says the size is supported.  I am using Publisher 2010. I have also tried with Word 2010. I hope the problem can be solved as 100 new blank cards is a lot to discard!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I think I have done a work around which suits me in Publisher.  I set up a new page size as 17.8 x 25.4cms.  This would provide a tent card of 17.8 x 12.7cms.  I then designed the card over two pages (by inserting the second page)  I then went to print using automatic double sided and found the custom page was shown as 24.6cms long.  Ah well, I cut a piece of normal A4 paper as the 17.8x25.4cms size as a trial (did not want to waste card stock) and it printed as a perfect fit.  The only problem was the main front design was upside down this was easily rectified.   I got there in the end without too much wastage.  One sheet actually.

HP Recommended

Well all that worked for tent cards but not for portrait view ones. The graphics don't sit correctly so I am now wasting paper and ink. What is so maddening is that the spec says the 7x5 size is recognised Not all designs are suitable for tent shaped cards. Has anyone any suggestions how to beat the problem please?

HP Recommended

@theoldandgrey,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with printing 5X7 inch tent cards in portrait view.

This issue could occur if the driver settings are not correct.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

thank you Rainbow23.  I get more and more confused..The spec for my Photosmart C6280 shows that a 5" x 7" card is covered.  However I have followed your link and a 5" x 7" card is not shown when I come to print.  I have therefore set up a custom size but the images on the printout are all over the place - not centrally situated.  I have made cards for 20 years and never had this problem but I have never used this sizing.  I've always done quarter fold before but on this particular occasion wanted heavier weight and the blanks came in 5"x7". I have had difficulty setting up the custom size as required as it kept defaulting to various other sizes.  I must be extremely stupid not to be able to do it but there we go. I am using MS Publisher2010 with Windows 10, 64bit.  Any further help you can give me would be very welcome.

HP Recommended

@theoldandgrey
Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue did not resolve after following the steps in the previous interaction.

As we have tried all the possible solutions for this issue, please contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help however it will be far cheaper to purchase fresh stock of an acceptable size as I am not prepared to pay £33 for telephone advice, which is the problem of living in the UK - everything to do with HP seems so much more expensive and the facilities offered are less - ie NO Live Chat.  Anyway I appreciate your advice.

HP Recommended

Hello, @theoldandgrey

I see that you were interacting with @Rainbow23. I'd like to jump in with a suggestion 🙂

I understand that you are facing issues while printing on cardstock / card. To fix this issue, you need to make sure that your printing preferences under the actual printer and the program you are using are set to the correct paper type and size. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to Control panel – Devices and printers.
  2. Right-click on Photosmart printer and select “Printing preferences”.
  3. Under the Paper/Quality tab, change your paper type to "Cardstock / card".
  4. Now, select the correct paper size from the list.
  5. Now, come to the program that you are using to print the cardstock (MS Word, Wordpad e.tc.), and change the paper type to “Cardstock”.

NB: You printer supports 5 x 7 inches card, but does not support 7 x 5 inches card. Check paper size supported here: http://hp.care/2qGD2Dq 

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks Dvortex   That certainly sounded like a solution as I had not been doing that.  Unfortunately my printer Photosmart C6280 does not give the same info under Printing Preferences. There is nothing  under cardstock/card. The nearest I can get under Paper is HP Notecard.  I can then get a size 2L 127x178mm.  This is the size I require.  The big BUT comes now when I do the design in MS Publisher as I then can't find a suitable blank template of the right sizing.  If I "custom" one when I go to print it defaults to Landscape and I only get half the image on each sheet.  I change to portrait and the image sizing is all wrong.  Do you suggest I give up in despair.  I just hate to be beaten.  I cannot find any HP blank Templates of the correct sizing that I could use.

HP Recommended

@theoldandgrey,

Thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.