cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
0 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can't print anything due to 'Low Toner/Door open' status

HP Recommended
LaserJet P1102w
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

LaseJet  P1102w will no longer print.

Changed the toner cartridge as one of the status windows say that toner is low. However, the ! Triangle does not stop flashing. Also, another status window says that the door is open (it is not open)

There is nothing in the way of the door.

I have tried the entire power down, unplug sequence, with no change in status.

I have tried 2 different brand new toner cartridges [HP 85A].

This printer was working just fine. It is fairly new (1 year, but rarely gets used).

Please advise. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 305 600
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @P1102w_helpme,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to use your HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand that you cannot find an obstruction causing an issue with the door. It sounds like there is a hardware malfunction and there could an issue with the door sensor.

If you have access to a computer running Windows 8.1 or earlier, click here to locate and install the printer's firmware.

I understand that you tried the hard reset already but I would try again. Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

What error message are you receiving? 

I would try these documents to see if you can determine the cause. 

If the issue persists, I would try restoring the default settings on the printer. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product.

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear

Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation