Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, whenever I'm printing a Microsoft Word document or pdf double-sided, an extra border is added to the outside of my document and the text gets shrunken down. When I choose "Print borderless" under Advanced Options, it won't allow me to print double-sided. The page prints with correctly, but I can only do this if I print one-sided.

Is there a way to print double-sided without the border?

Thanks.

J

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Printing a Borderless job and a Two-Sided print job simultanly is not supported as the duplexer does not support borderless printing.

You will see an error mark indicating this conflict within the printing Preferences for both the Two-Sided and the Borderless Settings while marking them both.

You can only print a bordered duplex job manually.

To perform a borderless job on both of the media sides you may perform a manual Duplex job as following:

1. Set Print on Both Sides as None.
  2. Set Borderless Printing as Print Borderless
  3. Set Pages to Print as Print Odd pages only and complete the print.
  4. Insert the printed sheet into the input tray faced up and perform additional print job by selecting to print Even pages only.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with a HP Officejet 6700 Premium. 

Is there no way to print double sided without the printer shrinking the content on the page?

It seems to work if in the advanced settings I select borderless printing but then it selects photopaper and prints with loads of ink and handles the paper as if it is much thicker and the quality is set to best!!

I just want to print normal quality with normal paper double sided but without the extra border and shrinking the text on my page.

Please can you help?

Thanks

Jeff  

HP Recommended

Thank you for the clear and helpful post.

Can you explain why it is that the duplex mechanism cares about whether the printing is borderless?

Is it because ink would get on the wheels which move the paper  which run in the border area?

My printer is the Photosmart 7520.

Apparently there are printers that allow this.  How is the problem resolved by them?

HP Recommended

There is a known discrepancy with printing border-less while duplexing, here is a post that I made which explains it as well as offers one possible work around that another customer discovered (though it was a software glitch on an XP system). 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Duplexing-Discrepancy/td-p/2470573

Let me know how that goes and I will get right back with you! 

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I hope that the weather where you are located is as beautiful there as it is here! 

-Spencer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.