cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TCSfunfamily
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Can't print from HP chromebook to wireless printer

HP Recommended
officejet 4630e
Chrome OS

I have been printing from my hp chromebook to my officejet printer.  One day it just stopped.  I can still print from my iphone and ipad but not from the chromebook.  The only thing that changed is my google password.  Can someone please help me?  Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DocCottle
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 404 709
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @TCSfunfamily,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are unable to print from your Chromebook to your Officejet 4630 e-All-In-One Printer. I can help you with that.

Most likely, the issue is not related to your password, but network communication on your network. To sort this out:

1. Turn the printer and the Chromebook off.
  2. While the devices are powered off, remove the power cable from the back of your router for one minute.
  3. When all the lights return on the router, turn the printer back on.
  4. On the printer click on the web services button that looks like a tablet with a phone beside it. If you do not see a line that reads "Status: Connected" then please let me know.
  5. Try to print by forwarding an email to the printer's address as it appears on the display screen.
  6. Try to ePrint.

Please let me know what happened while you were following my directions. If you were unable to print then I will be able to narrow down your issue. Also, let me know if this resolves your issue or if you have any questions. Otherwise, have a great week!

If this resolves your issue, please help other forum users find this thread by clicking on Accept Solution below my post.

If you appreciate my help, please let other users know by clicking on the thumbs up icon below my post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
TCSfunfamily
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok!  I did what you said and I can eprint.  I still can not print from google docs.

Thank your for your help!

T

0 Kudos
DocCottle
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 404 709
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If ePrint works, but Chrome printing does not, that suggests an issue on Google's side. Your idea of the password has me thinking though. What we can do is remove the printer from the list of printers and then add it again. Failing that, power off the Chromebook for one minute and then power it on again. If you are still able to ePrint, but not print normally then the last thing I can suggest would be contacting Google support.

Please let me know if this allows you to print or if you have any more questions.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

0 Kudos
TCSfunfamily
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
  • I ended up deleting the printer and re-added it and now I can print from google doc.  The only thing I need to fix is my daughters account is the primary and I'm my account is the secondary. 
0 Kudos
DocCottle
Retired
Retired
5,028 4,829 404 709
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The easiest way to switch the primary user would be to remove the printer from her account and once it's no longer associated with an account, add it to your account.

Please click on Accept Solution below my post if this answers your question and please click on the thumbs up icon if you appreciate my help. 

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation