Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Teacher
Message 1 of 5 (2,898 Views)

Can't print from Internet Explorer 64-bit

[ Edited ]

Greetings,

I can't print from Internet Explorer 9 64-bit. It gives me the following error:

Script Error
An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line:  2107
Char:  1
Error: Unspecified error.
Code:  0
URL:   res://ieframe.dll/previews.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

I don't get this error in the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer. Why do I only get this error from the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer?

I have a HP Photosmart Premium C309g.

Thanks,

Shane.

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (2,886 Views)

Re: Can't print from Internet Explorer 64-bit

Hi,

Please download and install this:

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/windows_manual_download.xml

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
Teacher
Message 3 of 5 (2,882 Views)

I installed and verified the latest 64-bit edition of Java (version 6 update 31); however, I'm still getting the same error.

Any other suggestions?

Shane.

Top Student
Message 4 of 5 (2,862 Views)

hi -- two thoughts:  one, could you print what you wnat from 32-bit Internet Explorer?  two, could you provide the link to the page you're trying to print, and I can see if I get the same error using IE 64-bit on my computer?

Student
Message 5 of 5 (2,282 Views)

I have the same problem. I have contacted HP twice and neither time did their fix work.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and use Internet Explorer 64 bit. HP will not print and just gets script error messages. I can print from Internet Explorer 32 bit but this is a pain. I did not buy this overpriced printer to have to shift back and forth to print. I am sure other companies would be glad to sell me a printer that will do this but I am stuck. Sorry to be so cranky but after nearly two years and no solutions I am fed up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation