cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LogicMate
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't print over network get message "Error Printing" in message Queue

Hi,

I have 3 machines, xp, vista and windows 7.  I have 2 printers that are configured to print through the network

1. OfficeJet Pro L7680

2. PhotoSmart C7180

For all 3 computers I can go to the web configurations for the printers (so I know the network settings are correct).  Windows finds the printer and properly installs the drivers using the TCP/IP network port.

I can only print to the PhotoSmart from the Vista computer.  I can't print from the XP or Windows 7 machine, I can't printer to the OfficeJet Pro from any computer.

Both printers work on all computers via USB port.

when I try to print a test page the job stays in the print queue and gets a message "Error Printing".

The funny part is that the computer can communicate with the printers and get the ink levels no problem.

I have been banging my head on the wall and cannot figure it out.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Ara

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,866
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A couple of ideas:

Did you install the software/drivers or just "Add a Printer" from Control Panel?

Are there firewalls in the way?  Can you temporarily disable them to test?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
LogicMate
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I figured it out after torchering my self for weeks.

I had my computers and printers hooked up directly or wireless through a linksys WRT610N router.  I decided to add a linksys switch right after the router and plugged the computer and printers in through the switch and now it works.

This is very strange, there must be somekind of incompatibility with the WRT610N router that is causing the problem, it works but refused to print for some reason.  I tried changing settings in the router but haven't got it to work.

Any clues on what it could have been with the router?

Thanks,

Ara

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation