Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 12 (1,310 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't scan in Windows 7 using the HP 3055 All in one

I upgraded to Windows 7 and downloaded the driver for printing only which works fine. I was told that I need to use Windows Fax and Scan for scanning. When I try to scan it starts to scan page 1 and then gets hung up. I then need to cancel the job from the printer. Any solution?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't scan in Windows 7 using the HP 3055 All in one

Hi @BBsteve07 ,

Thanks a lot for the question, now lets get you an answer!

I understand you are not using the full feature software and need to get the remainder of the software to be able to scan and fax.

Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor >>> www.hp.com/go/tools

That tool will locate and download the additions SW you need and you'll be good to go I think. No promises, but let me know either way.

Hope this helps, look forward to hearing back from you. Have a wonderful day. Smiley Happy

View solution in context
Retired
Message 2 of 12 (1,279 Views)

Hi @BBsteve07 ,

Thanks a lot for the question, now lets get you an answer!

I understand you are not using the full feature software and need to get the remainder of the software to be able to scan and fax.

Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor >>> www.hp.com/go/tools

That tool will locate and download the additions SW you need and you'll be good to go I think. No promises, but let me know either way.

Hope this helps, look forward to hearing back from you. Have a wonderful day. Smiley Happy

I worked for HP.
Top Student
Message 3 of 12 (1,270 Views)

Thanks very much. My scanning issue has been resolved. With regard to faxing when I click "new fax" in Windows fax and scan it asks me to set it up by connecting to either a fax modem or a fax server on a network. Is it not recognizing my HP All In One (3055) for faxing? When I access Print and Scan doctor it only gives you the option to fix printing or scanning.

Retired
Message 4 of 12 (1,249 Views)

Hey,

Have you set up your fax both physically and operationally before? Or are you looking to set it all up now?

Talk to you soon. Have a good one! Smiley Happy

I worked for HP.
Top Student
Message 5 of 12 (1,247 Views)

I've been using it for years with my old XP PC. I set it up a long time ago.

Retired
Message 6 of 12 (1,223 Views)

Hello again,

How have you got the fax set up now?

Do you have a VOIP or DSL connection?

Let me know.

I worked for HP.
Top Student
Message 7 of 12 (1,218 Views)

I actually have not changed the fax set up from my XP computer. There is a telephone connection going from the HP 3055 to the wall. I have a cable connection. Does there need to be anything connected to the computer other than the cable from the HP 3055?

Retired
Message 8 of 12 (1,187 Views)

Hey,

No there does not need to be another cable to the computer. Please run a fax diagnostic report off of the front panel of the printer and see what it says.

Let me know after you have done that.

I worked for HP.
Top Student
Message 9 of 12 (1,181 Views)

I didn't see anything called a fax diagnostic report but I did print out s "self test/configuration" which printed out the fax settings. Is that it?

Retired
Message 10 of 12 (1,138 Views)

Hey,

Yep that will do! What does it say?

Have a good day! Smiley Happy

I worked for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation