cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fishsnook
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Can't use OfficeJet L7780 scanner from my new Windows 8.1 laptop

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro L7780

I purchased a new Microsoft Surface Pro 3 laptop with Windows 8.1 and used Windows to install a driver for the OfficeJet Pro L7780 All-in-One.  The printer works with the new driver, but I have no software that lets me control the scanner from my new laptop.  Previously on my desktop with Vista where the All-in-One printer was first installed using a wired home LAN, I had the HP Solution Center software that allowed me to control the scanner from my computer.  I tried to use the Windows Fax and Scan software that is on the new laptop, but it says "No scanner was detected". 

Note:  I do have the install disks for the All-inOne, but was afraid that they would not work for Windows 8.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE:  I found out about the HP Print & Scan Doctor and ran it.  It fixed my problem by installing the HP Solution Center.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Sanjoy_G
Retired
Retired
176 172 8 23
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess you are using the basic drivers.

Try downloading and installing the full feature software for Win 81.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-L7000-All-in-One-Printer-series/360...

Hope this helps.

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.

Have a great day!!!

Michael.
Click on Kudos if you like this post.

fishsnook
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response!  I did solve my problem by using the HP Print & Scan DR.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation