cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Can the LaserJet Pro 400 M475dw duplex scan to a computer unaided?

HP Recommended

I am looking at purchasing the M475dw, but would like a printer that can auto duplex documents that are being scanned to the computer. I know some HP's can only duplex copy for printing and are not able to scan duplex. Any help greatly apreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,359 29,081 5,041 11,488
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Laserjet 400 M475dw only support duplex printing, Two sided copying or scanning are not supported according the product spec below:

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/upgradenow/laserjet_pro_400_color_mfp_m475_series.pdf?jump...

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Don't see in the data sheet where it states two-sided copy not supported. When I read this " 

COPIER SETTINGS: Number of copies, Reduce/Enlarge, Ligher/Darker, Optimize, Paper, Multi-page copy, Collation, Tray select, Two-sided, Draft mode, Image adjustment, Set as new defaults, Restore defaults".

Further on there is a mention about testing that says " 9 Values are subject to change. For current information see Product Support page at http://www.hp.com/support. Configuration tested for printing: simplex, mono and simplex, color. Configuration tested for copying: duplex, color."

Seems that two-sided copy is possible.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Having just purchased one of these MFPs I can confirm that it does scan duplex... however:

duplex scanning to email works unaided

duplex scanning using the scanning software works - but obviously this isn't unaided!

scanning to save the output to USB or network drive requires the settings on the machine to be set (you cant do this from the web management system), but after setting this it does allow you to scan to duplex unaided!!

in the few hours I've had this MFP I highly recommend it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm thinking about purchasing this, but it is crucial that the machine can do duplex scanning. When you say that it can do with 'unaided' do you mean that once it has been set up by the host computer to scan to pdf, then it will scan both sides of the documents without you having to reinsert the paper into the ADF?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation