cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cancel a print job

Anyone has an idea how I can cancel a pending print job? Clicking the "Cancel" link does not seem to work (since days). Hard for me to accept that HP has made a printing service available where you cannot even cancel a job! It all got stuck after the 3rd document I printed. Very, very disappointing experience so far.

Thx for any help.

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,896 16,714
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cancel a print job

Hi,

This should work for any Windows PC.

From the Control Panel, open Administrative Tools and select Sevices.  Browse down to the print spooler service, right click it and select Properties then click on the Stop button.  Now browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS and delete the job inside this folder - You may need to click a prompt to gain the appropriate authority to open the PRINTERS folder.

Restart the computer and you should find the document has been removed from the queue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cancel a print job

try this one on, access CMD and if incase you have win7 or vista you to right click on CMD and ran as admin and then type in NET STOP SPOOLER, it should cancel all of the print job and to restart the print spooler is NET START SPOOLER, and it should restart the printers spooler and should be good to go after that....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
465 457 32 316
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cancel a print job

Hi,

@fgilbert wrote:

Anyone has an idea how I can cancel a pending print job? Clicking the "Cancel" link does not seem to work (since days). Hard for me to accept that HP has made a printing service available where you cannot even cancel a job! It all got stuck after the 3rd document I printed. Very, very disappointing experience so far.

Thx for any help.

Are you referring to the CANCEL option in ePrint website?? If yes, click on the option "Remove Printer" and re-add the printer code.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cancel a print job

Trying to cancel an ePrint job which is hanging permanently, and I can't ePrint subsequent print jobs. The website suggesting deleting ePrint email address and create a new one. Which I did. The page then said the server crashed. So now the ePrint job hangs because it is from the old ePrint email address and will not cancel/delete.

I tried control panel on my PC and went to spooling. There are no print jobs in the Windows spooling folder. I also tried deleting the printer in the eprinting website, logged out, and then back in. Then the webpage said old email print jobs pending. Deleting old print jobs and the webpage said the server crashed again. So what do I do? I paid a premium for my HP printer and I cannot ePrint. Please help...

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
465 457 32 316
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cancel a print job

Hello Sideshowbob_ii,

Are the ePrint jobs show pending right after a print job which says "System error"?

Try using a different browser to login. Print spooler on the computer is in no way related to the ePrint jobs. The pending jobs or completed one you see in the website are on the ePrint server.

Printer software does not play any role with ePrint.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cancel a print job

Hi David,

Thanks for replying. Still the same problem. I opened eprint in Safari. I cannot cancel print jobs from the old ePrint email and this is preventing me printing jobs now. The server error simply said - oops there appears to be a problem with the server. We will correct the error as soon as possible ...

Is there any way to cancel/delete all print jobs and start printing afresh?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cancel a print job

I got this error trying to cancel pending print jobs. A dialog box pops up: 

Error:

Couldn't cancel: ePC: 12030

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
465 457 32 316
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cancel a print job

Hi,

In that case I suggest you to reset the ePrint email Id from the website or from the printer by turning OFF and turning ON the WebServices/ePrint. By this printer will receive a new email ID.

Remove the old printer from the website and add the new one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
465 457 32 316
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cancel a print job

@sideshowbob_ii wrote:

I got this error trying to cancel pending print jobs. A dialog box pops up: 

Error:

Couldn't cancel: ePC: 12030

Could you please let me know was there any print job in the ePrint website which was not printed and says "System error"? Are the print jobs got stuck after this?

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation