cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DingoTM
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Cannot Connect to printer

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Going to make this quick, it's already been a few hours and I'm out of time.

- I have downloaded the diagnostic tool from another thread and the HP assistant; neither can detect my printer

- My printer and computer are without a doubt on the same network (not guest, etc.)

- My printer believes itself to have an ip address and wireless connection to the same network

- All drivers and software are up-to-date; this has not solved the problem

- The printer can print from my computer if hooked up by USB; no other functions (fax, scan, whatever else)

- The computer cannot find the printer using the HP assistant or any other outside programs wirelessly

- The newest OfficeJet software available for the printer says things like "To try to connect later, use the Windows 8 blah blah blah";  I am *not* using Windows 8, I am using Windows 10

Thanks for any feedback you can give,

Chris

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DingoTM
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Just an update, still can't do anything with the printer wirelessly, and can only print, not scan. Also, the problem now exists with two different computers. Thanks guys.
0 Kudos
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,516
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset the printer back to Factory Defaults.  Reset the printer back to Network Defaults.  Remove all HP software and drivers

Remove all software and drivers from ALL computers.

Use http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php and use Powerful Scan at the end and delete all registry entries.

Now go back and install your Win 10 Full Featured Software and Drivers here.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-4630-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/530504...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation