Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
Going to make this quick, it's already been a few hours and I'm out of time.
- I have downloaded the diagnostic tool from another thread and the HP assistant; neither can detect my printer
- My printer and computer are without a doubt on the same network (not guest, etc.)
- My printer believes itself to have an ip address and wireless connection to the same network
- All drivers and software are up-to-date; this has not solved the problem
- The printer can print from my computer if hooked up by USB; no other functions (fax, scan, whatever else)
- The computer cannot find the printer using the HP assistant or any other outside programs wirelessly
- The newest OfficeJet software available for the printer says things like "To try to connect later, use the Windows 8 blah blah blah"; I am *not* using Windows 8, I am using Windows 10
Thanks for any feedback you can give,
Reset the printer back to Factory Defaults. Reset the printer back to Network Defaults. Remove all HP software and drivers
Remove all software and drivers from ALL computers.
Use http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php and use Powerful Scan at the end and delete all registry entries.
Now go back and install your Win 10 Full Featured Software and Drivers here.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community