cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
4bandd Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot Install

Deskjet F4210
Microsoft Windows XP

When I try to install this printer on my offline Compaq Presario SR 195ONX, the set-up is complete, but when I click "Print a test page" I receive an error message: HP Digital Imaging Toolbox has encountered a problem and needs to close.  If I try to print a Word document I receive an error message: Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and need to close.  This printer has worked well on another computer we have.  I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the printer with its installation CD and have followed the instructions at least 6 times on the Presario and it will not print.  Another printer used to work on the Presario.  I don't know what to do next.  I'd appreciate suggestions.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
9,294 7,777 397 982
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot Install

Hello @4bandd,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are unable to install the HP Deskjet F4210 to your Computer running the Windows XP Operating system. Please follow the steps listed below:

Clear out your temp folder:

1. Go to your Start menu

2. Type in %temp% delete ALL

3. Restart computer

Continue here:

1. Perform a Clean Boot: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

2. Now go ahead and use the System File Checker: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Uninstall:

1. Unplug the USB if using a direct connection.

2. Remove the HP DJ F4210 software from your computers Control Panel's Uninstall a program option.

3. Restart the computer.

4. Make sure all the DJ F4210 software is gone from the programs list as well as your HP folder listed under the All programs in your Start Menu.

5. Now go ahead and download the software and drivers for your DJ F4210 (DO NOT plug in USB until the software prompts you to):

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-F4200-All-in-One-Printer-series/3390945/m...

6. Go ahead and print a test page.

7. If you are unable to print a test page, please run the Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools

-- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Please let me know if this was successful! I will watch for your reply.

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
4bandd Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot Install

Thank you for responding!  I am excited to try this, but before I start, I just want to verify that I can do all this offline (this computer has never been online) and with my Windows XP operating system.  Thank you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation