Note on archived topics.
08-03-2015 03:21 PM
When I try to install this printer on my offline Compaq Presario SR 195ONX, the set-up is complete, but when I click "Print a test page" I receive an error message: HP Digital Imaging Toolbox has encountered a problem and needs to close. If I try to print a Word document I receive an error message: Microsoft Office Word has encountered a problem and need to close. This printer has worked well on another computer we have. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the printer with its installation CD and have followed the instructions at least 6 times on the Presario and it will not print. Another printer used to work on the Presario. I don't know what to do next. I'd appreciate suggestions. Thank you.
08-05-2015 10:59 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are unable to install the HP Deskjet F4210 to your Computer running the Windows XP Operating system. Please follow the steps listed below:
Clear out your temp folder:
1. Go to your Start menu
2. Type in %temp% delete ALL
3. Restart computer
1. Perform a Clean Boot: How to perform a clean boot in Windows
2. Now go ahead and use the System File Checker: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
1. Unplug the USB if using a direct connection.
2. Remove the HP DJ F4210 software from your computers Control Panel's Uninstall a program option.
3. Restart the computer.
4. Make sure all the DJ F4210 software is gone from the programs list as well as your HP folder listed under the All programs in your Start Menu.
5. Now go ahead and download the software and drivers for your DJ F4210 (DO NOT plug in USB until the software prompts you to):
6. Go ahead and print a test page.
7. If you are unable to print a test page, please run the Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools
-- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.
Please let me know if this was successful! I will watch for your reply.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!