cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Cannot Print to 8750 since upgrade to 10.6.3

HP Recommended

We have two Macs in our home, both of which were on OS X 10.6.2 and happily printing to our HP 8750 via wireless printing through an Airport Express (connected via USB to the Airport Express).  I upgraded one of the computers to OS X 10.6.3 and it can no longer print to the 8750.  Everything LOOKS fine until I actually try to print. . . and then, nothing.  Whatsoever.  The printer shows up in the Print & Fax preference pane as being available and ready to print.  When I send a print job, the printer icon appears in the dock and the status in the Print & Fax pane changes to "In Use." But, I always get the "unable to connect to printer, will retry in 30 seconds. . ." message about a minute after initiating the print job.

This happens in every application I've tried.  Simple text, photos, etc.  All the same.  The inability to print to the 8750 was concurrent with the upgrade to 10.6.3.

The printer still works flawlessly with the computer running OS X 10.6.2.

I've removed the printer from the printer list and added it back in (it shows up immediately and just fine as a Bonjour printer).  I've restarted the printer.  I've restarted the Airport Express.  I've restarted the computer.

I don't have any version of the HP printing software loaded on this computer.

Any words of wisdom?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,877
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let's reset the printing system:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click the print queue area and select Reset Printing System.
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.

Just tried your suggestion.

Issue remains unresolved.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,877
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may want to try using the 10.6.3 Combo update.  I update my Mac's only with Combo updates.

The Combo update contains all of the updates from, for example, 10.6.0 to 10.6.1 and from 10.6.1 to 10.6.2, etc.

You may have missed some component in the upgrade just from 10.6.2-3.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Support has now "verified" that the 8750 is incompatible with the 10.6.3 update, sadly.  Looks like I'm SOL.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation