cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Joahkim
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Cannot connect printer to wireless network

HP Photosmart B109
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I am having trouble setting up my printer for wireless printing. It has worked fine in hte past, but with my new macbook air - it doesn't.

I can't access the function where I add the printer to the wireless network (my router doesn't support WPS so its by WPA password). 

I remember setting this up on a PC - easy with the driver provided by HP, but on the Mac, the setup tool doesn't seem to have a function where I add the printer to the wireless network - and HP has not provided a driver as this is supposed to work with the built-in mac software.

The manual just says "follow the on screen instructions", but the printer doesn't have onscreen instructions on how to connect - only testing whether it is connected....  

Anyone who knows how to add the printer to a wireless network?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
675 631 42 97
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @Joahkim!

Welcome to the HP Community!

I understand you're having an issue configuring your HP Photosmart Wireless (B109n) All-in-One Printer with your new MacBook Air running OS X 10.10. I'd like to help you with this.

Have you changed your router or password since getting the MacBook Air? If not, your printer may still be connected to the network, and the tricky part of setting it up will be done for us already.

Let's print a Network Configuration Report to see if it's connected:

• On the control panel, touch the button next to Scan. The Wireless/Scan menu displays.
  • Touch the button next to Wireless menu.
  • Touch the button next to Wireless settings.
  • Touch the button next to Print Network Configuration Page.
  • Touch OK. The network configuration page prints.

If the printer is connected to the network, great! Download this update: HP Printer Drivers v3.1 for OS X

You can also follow the steps in this document to add your printer, if it is already connected to the same network as your Mac: HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update

If the printer is not already connected to your network, you will need an older mac or windows computer in order to configure it. Unfortunately, with this model, the only way to connect it wirelessly is through the full feature software setup utility. You can download the full feature software on the alternate computer from here: HP Photosmart Wireless All-in-One Printer series - B109 Full Feature Software and Driver

NOTE: Make sure you select the correct operating system for the alternate computer.

Please respond to let me know if we've resolved the issue!

:catvery-happy:

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

Joahkim
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks! Not ideal that I have to find another computer to set it up - but good it wasnt just me who couldnt figure it out...!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation