cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ela
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Cannot connect to server message

I have checked all the posts here on this subject and can not find a solution so here we go

I have a new C410 all in one premium fax - sets up fine on either a wired or wireless network and prints & faxes etc with no problems but when I try to enable eprint I just get the message  Server Connection Error - there was a problem connecting to the server press to retry or ok to exit.

This has not been working for 2 days

I have run the speed test

download 2.66mb/s

upload 8.84mb/s

ping 40ms

I am using a belkin N1 wirelss modem router

All my other computers connect to the internet fine

I do not have a vpn

firmware revision VAx2FN1024AR - can not check for updates no connection to server

I have fixed the Ip address because I have to for any item to be connected to the network the Ip address is 192.168.0.9

sub net mask 255.255.0.0 default gateway 192.168.0.1.

The reports on wired and wireless networks show no errors BUT the entries for primary and secondary dns servers are blank 0.0.0.0 - I can not find anywhere where I can enter the required setting IS THIS THE PROBLEM? IF SO HOW DO I SOLVE IT?

I have tried

Uninstalling and reinstalling

Restoring network defaults (then I can not connect to network)

re booting printer

I only bought this printer for the eprint

Help please

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,896 16,650
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Let me start by saying that I am not familiar with your particular machine, but the points below may help.

1.  Try setting the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 just to ensure it's on the same subnet as the rest of your devices.

2.  I guess from what you're saying that the option to add the DNS server is not available from the device screen menu.  Is this correct?

3.  As you say all your devices have static IPs set, is the router assigned as the DNS server or do you set the addresses for the DNS servers individually under the properties of IPv4 for each device?  From your PC, can you view a webpage for the device by entering its local IP address in your browser.  If you can, is there an option under Network to be able to assign either the router as the DNS server or to be able to set the individuals addresses, whichever is applicable in your case?

Hopefully, someone who is more familiar with your device will see this, but let me know how you get on with the suggestions above.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

ela
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi

Thanks for replying! have tried all your suggestions

1 I have done this set to 255.255.255.0 and it makes no difference

2 No I can not find an option to add the dns server

3 I set the dns servers indididually under the properties of IPv4 for each device

I have tried to access the printer on a web page - it initally comes up with a page Hp embedded web server and looks as it I am going to be able to change the setting but it then goes to a blank page with error on page message! Very frustarating because in the seconds I can see the page it looks to be just what I am looking for!

0 Kudos
ela
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Again - perservered with trying to get the web page up and I did eventually by pressing on one of the tabs in the few seconds i could see the page - when it went to error I then pressed back button on browser and there I was in!!

Input the dns server info and it works now -thank you very much!!!

0 Kudos
Level 18
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi ela,

To be honest, I don't know why the embedded web server page is not displaying but I can think of a couple of suggestions to try.

1.  In case the printer is defaulting to look at your router for the DNS, try the following.  In your Belkin N1, under settings for WAN you should find a page that will allow you to enter a custom set of DNS addresses.  Try entering the addresses you normally enter in the IPv4 Properties in here and save the change.  This should'nt affect your other devices at all.  Turn off the printer, reboot the router and then turn the printer back on.  See if this has resolved the issue.

2.  Try temporarily allowing the printer to connect using DHCP and then see if you can now gain access to the network settings on the embedded web server page.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Level 18
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi again ela,

Glad you got it working.  Ignore my last post, I must have been typing it at the same time that you were replying.

Best wishes,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
tammo5151
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

can you simplify the procedure for me,as i get this message my printer is hp photosmart 5510

0 Kudos
tammo5151
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

still no help

0 Kudos
Level 9
3,397 3,340 104 616
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@tammo5151 - any luck yet?  Are you still having problems with ePrint and getting into the EWS?  I know it's been a while.  I was doing a Google search and ran across a lot of unanswered questions so I wanted to check on you. 

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation