Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hi
Where I can get this ribbon cable I work in a Service Center in Chile and I have 15 units between cm1415 and m1536 with the same ADF problem.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards
Juan
HP Recommended
Ummmmm....really?

Hey, smc_naito, did that fix your problem? 🙂
HP Recommended

Why are you sending private messages?  I have the exact same problem - my 1536 jams regularly after 620 scans.  I have already spent more hours than it's worth to fix or research this issue.  I could buy another one for $400.  What is the fix?  I am out of warranty, and the printer works fine - I just bought new toner - my ADF is failed.  How can I replace this ADF?

HP Recommended

@ChuckLundy,

Why are you sending private messages? Private messages are sent, because there is information that cannot be said on the forums. This information can only be said for certain issues. 

How can I replace this ADF? You can call HP @8004746826 and see what options they have to replace or repair the printer. 

HP Recommended

Take it from my experience. PMs are sent with the same BS every time. Calling HP resolves nothing because these are throwaway printers so they will not sell you any parts and it costs more to ship to a repair center than the value of the printer.

Everyone should just save themselves the time and frustration - trash the printer and buy yourself a Canon. Those things are rock solid. Goodbye, HP.

HP Recommended

@lions99

How many times are you worthless HP "technicians" going to repost complete non-answers to this problem?

And yes, we all know that your private messages are to hide the fact that this ADF problem is a KNOWN ISSUE.  You are simply trying to avoid having to spend money to fix this.

Also, remember if you find this post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

I used to buy HP products!

HP Recommended
Good one! 🙂
HP Recommended

Cleanig the glass worked for me!  Thanks so much DeeDee007!

HP Recommended

They said my printer is out of warranty, and I can replace the ADF for $299.  BUT - I bought the printer for $299.  Do you guys have a unit that is designed for a paperless guy like me who scans every document?  My last two HP Laser MFC's have only given me about 500 scans.  No bueno.  

HP Recommended

@ChuckLundy,

"They said my printer is out of warranty, and I can replace the ADF for $299." I'm not aware of a feeder that cost 299$

"Do you guys have a unit that is designed for a paperless guy like me who scans every document?” Yes, you can take a look at this unit, very simple to operate.

Also, ChuckLundy thanks for the KUDOS! 🙂

Have a great day !

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.