cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
surf1981 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot enable ePrint Web Services - get internet connection error for HP LaserJet 1102W

I have a HP laptop running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  We just changed over to Comcast internet service from AT&T where my HP LaserJet 1102W was set up for ePrint.  After several hours, I was finally able to add the 1102W printer to the Comcast network, access the Embedded Web Server tool and print wirelessly but I cannot set up ePrint.  I have deleted the printer but cannot get it to connect to Web Services.  I keep on getting:  Connection Error. Check Internet Connection but again, I can print wirelessly successfully to the printer but would like to be able to set it back up for ePrint.  My Comcast router is an Arris TG862.

I have updated the firmware and used the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool but still am not able to get the ePrint Web Services to connect.  Here is the information from the Networking page of the EWS:

IPv4 Configuration

Warning: A change in the IP Address will result in loss of connectivity to the browser.
IP Configured By: DHCP
Host Name: NPIC968F8 
Domain Name:  hsd1.tn.comcast.net.
IP Address Configuration
X Automatic IP Manual IP

X DHCP
 BootP
X AutoIP
Manual IP Address:10.0.0.89 
IP Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Manual Default Gateway: 10.0.0.0

DNS Address Configuration
Preferred DNS Address: 75.75.75.75 
Alternate DNS Address: 75.75.76.76 

WINS Address Configuration
X Automatic WINS Server
Manual WINS Server

Manual Preferred WINS Server: 0.0.0.0

Here is my ipconfig information:

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : hsd1.tn.comcast.net.
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1000
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 8C-A9-82-A3-F9-5E
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c57:eb2b:5144:2ea5%13(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.3(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, March 29, 2013 1:24:52 PM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:09:24 AM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 378317186
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-15-CE-4E-8C-10-1F-74-11-22-71
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 75.75.75.75
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

There appears to be a known issue with the Arris TG862 router and supposedly a new firmware is to be released soon but just checking to see if anyone has been able to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,710 4,604 367 874
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot enable ePrint Web Services - get internet connection error for HP LaserJet 1102W

Hi Surf1981,

I understand that you're not able to enable web services on your printer.  I would try steps listed below.

1. Open an internet browser type printer's IP address.
2. Should bring you to the printer's status page.
3. Select networking tab at the top.
4. Left hand side select Network Identification.
5. Under DNS address Configuration select Manual DNS Server.
6. For Preferred enter 8.8.8.8
7. For Alternate enter 8.8.4.4
8. Select apply. You might get a warning saying this could interrupt connection that's fine.
9. Turn printer off for about 30 seconds then try again.

**If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. **

0 Kudos
Highlighted
surf1000 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion but after changing the DNS Addresses I still get Connection error. Check Internet connection.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4,710 4,604 367 874
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Surf1000,

If the steps above didn't work then one would take a look at the router.  Keep in mind also that you can request from your internet provider to swap out the modem router combo for a different model.  Keep me posted.

**If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. **

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation