Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Tried to send fax. Can only enter 5 numbers. Need to enter 10 numbers for the complete telephone number.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@EBrown1

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you cannot use the fax feature anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Do you get any error when entering more than 5 numbers?

Did you check any HP Articles to resolve the issue?

If you haven't, here's something that could help you:

Solution one: Print a fax test report

Run a fax test report to determine the faxing status on the printer and whether or not it is configured correctly to send and receive faxes.

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to scroll to Setup, and then touch the Setup icon ().

2. Touch Fax Setup, swipe the display to scroll to Fax Tools, and then touch Fax Tools.

3. Touch Run Fax Test. The printer prints a fax test report.

4. Review the report.

• If the fax test indicates that it does not detect a phone line or dial tone, continue to the next solution.

• If the results of the fax test are All Pass, skip to the solution to configure the fax for sending and receiving.

Solution two: Check the fax connections

Follow these steps to check the physical connections, and then test the fax.

Step one: Check the physical connections

1. Disconnect the telephone cord from the printer and the wall jack, and then examine the connector on the end of the cord. Make sure that the cord has only two wires. If you see four wires, replace the cord with one containing only two wires.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.