Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (3,796 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot find Wireless devices . All in One - C309a - "HP Printer cannot find your access point"

Printer: C309a - I am having trouble connecting the printer to my wireless network.

Ran Wireless Setup Wizard: it ran for a long time but no devices returned.

Ran Wireles Network Test Report: Wireless On - PASS, Wireless Working - PASS, Network Name (SSID) Found - FAIL.

The Wireless Network Test Report  shows no IP address on display. sub-mask and default gateway are also displaying as 000.000.000.000

I have reset to factory settings.

Another devices has taken the 192.168.1.250 spot

My Router has viewable SSID.

This is a replacement C309a - my previous C309a - when I ran the wireless network test report on my previous unit, it said the radio was not functioning, so I knew based on previous posts, that the radio card was dead and to get a replacement printer. I am hoping this is a configuration issue and that the wireless radio on this replacement may still be working.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot find Wireless devices . All in One - C309a - "HP Printer cannot find your access poi

OK, the radio appears OK.  What router are you using?  Have you restarted the router by pulling its power plug momentarily?

If all that does not work, let's reset the printer:  Turn it off.  Hold the # and 9 keys while and for a few seconds after turning it back on.

View solution in context
Retired
Message 2 of 7 (3,793 Views)

Re: Cannot find Wireless devices . All in One - C309a - "HP Printer cannot find your access poi

Print a Wireless Network Test from the Network menu and see if the radio on this one died as well.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (3,790 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for response. I am not sure if the test report helps answer whether the radio is still working. The printed Wireless Network Test report states:

"Your HP printer cannot find your access point. Check that your access point is powered on. Check that your HP printer network name (SSID) matches your access point network name (SSID) exactly. If they dont match exactly, run the wireless network setup to configure the HP printer *** - Action required....

Diagnostics Summary:
Wireless On - Pass
Wireless Working - Pass
Network Name (SSID) Found - FAIL
Security - Pass
Connnected - Not run
Signal Strength - Not run
Other networks detected matching your network name (SSID) - Not run
Wireless Networks Detected - 0
Downlink count - 2556
Channel - Not run

Configuration Summary
Network Name (SSID) - hpsetup
Thanks.

Retired
Message 4 of 7 (3,781 Views)

OK, the radio appears OK.  What router are you using?  Have you restarted the router by pulling its power plug momentarily?

If all that does not work, let's reset the printer:  Turn it off.  Hold the # and 9 keys while and for a few seconds after turning it back on.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (3,770 Views)

Yes, the I restarted the router and reset of the printer (holding # and 9) and it seemed to do the trick; the Wireless Network Wizard displayed the router straight away. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.
Honor Student
Message 6 of 7 (3,754 Views)

For those of you researching a similar scenario and who happen to be replacing a like printer - in my case a C309a, my HP utilities program on my laptop (running XP) was having trouble adding the new printer. So I ended up uninstalling the HP program (it takes a while) - thereby removing the other HP printer. When I re-installed the program, it found the replacement and connected it. I suspect newer versions of Windows OS do this a little bit more smoothly, but nonetheless, I have a printer now working with my laptop wirelessly.
Student
Message 7 of 7 (2,541 Views)

Thanks for the tip. Turning off router momentarily and then turning off printer with a restart holding the # and 9 keys did the trick! I would never have thought of that combination.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation