Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer has been working since purchase in December. Now for some reason it will not print anything. I have tried uninstalling and then re-installing but even then I'm not sure it actually uninstalled. I have printed up the configuration page and nothing seems amiss on it. My printer display says that I am connected to our network. I want to use the wireless connection. I unplugged my router and my printer and then plugged back in the router first and waited until it was ready and then turned my printer back on but nothing had changed. The wireless icon light is on and it is steady. Whenever I try to print a document from Word for instance I get a message that 'HP Envy 7645 (network) has a problem that requires your intervention' but it doesn't say what the intervention is or what I should do. I've been working on this for over 7 hours and I am totally confused and frustrated. I don't understand what changed when it was working beautifully just a day ago.  I could really use some help. IF you need other info I will be glad to give it to you. I am stumped!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@chiriru

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand your printer doesn't work due to the error - "HP Envy 7645 (network) has a problem that requires your intervention',

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Does any light on your printer blink?

Did you check for any other HP Forum posts to help resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

While you respond to that, here's a few things you can do:

Step 1: Check for blinking lights or error messages

Check the printer control panel for any blinking lights or error messages.

• If the printer control panel does not have any blinking lights or error messages, skip to the next step.

• If the printer control panel has blinking lights or error messages, clear the error. For additional information for further troubleshooting, go to HP Support, type your printer model, and then search for 'blinking lights' or the specific error message that displays on the printer control panel.

Try to print. If the issues persist, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There are no blinking lights on my printer. I did the HP Print and Scan Doctor twice to no avail. I keep getting the message that user intervention is needed or attention required. My frustration level is high right about now so my husband just suggested that we hard wire it to my computer for the time being - at least it prints now - and deal with it after we get moved and set up the office again.  Another thing I had noticed was that my printer was listed twice as options - once HP Envy 7640 series (Network) and once as HP Envy 7640 series. Couldn't figure out why and that was when I didn't even have it hardwired to the computer. Was only using it wirelessly. 

I will also check the other forums as you suggested. Thanks for your assistance and I will let you know when I finally am able to again use my printer wirelessly.

chiriru

HP Recommended

@chiriru

Thank you for replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

meanwhile, Please Click here to watch a video that helps assign a static IP to resolve the issue.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.