Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've installed, registered, have printer email address and claim code, printer is on, no edits or blinking lights and wireless light is on. When I try to print I get alert 'printer validation failed".  I uninstalled printer and re-installed.  No luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @ljorange2 – Greetings!

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums, I'd be happy to help you with your printer issue 🙂

Going through your post, I understand that you are having issues while printing on Envy 7645. It looks like an issue with the printer drivers installed on your Windows PC. Do not worry, I’m here to help you fix the same 🙂

Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

If the issue persists, then perform a clean install to try and fix the issue;

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/EN7640/EN7640__Basicx64_1107.exe to install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @ljorange2 – Greetings!

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums, I'd be happy to help you with your printer issue 🙂

Going through your post, I understand that you are having issues while printing on Envy 7645. It looks like an issue with the printer drivers installed on your Windows PC. Do not worry, I’m here to help you fix the same 🙂

Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, select your printer and click on “Fix Printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the issue.

If the issue persists, then perform a clean install to try and fix the issue;

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/EN7640/EN7640__Basicx64_1107.exe to install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you Dvortex.  What I did was uninstall everything and start over from the beginning and I'm not sure what I did differntly, but it's now working.  🙂  

HP Recommended

Hello, @ljorange2

Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂

Please consider marking my post as "Accepted solutions" to help other users with the same issue to find a solution more efficiently. Click on "Thumps up" to give me "Kudos".

Visit us again if you have any concerns!

Thank you again and may you also have a great day and even better tomorrow :)​​

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.