cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RoySancho
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot print via wireless on wireless eprint D110

I have setup the printer according to the documentation, can see it on my wireless router, HP can download to it, I have assigned an email address to it, but yet . . . nothing prints. When I logon to to eprintcenter.com to see the status, I see a "failure" next to the message I was trying to print. This is absollutely worthless information as I cannot tell what caused the failure. If eprint is supposed to be so slick and HP wants people to use it, then the software should work. I'm disgusted with the whole set up and time it is taking me to get it to work.

Anyone got any clues as to what is happening and why I can't print to it via wireless?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Level 5 Antonio99
Level 5
124 123 10 42
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey,

Sorry your having difficulty printing. Sounds like everything is working properly, but the failure message indicates that you are probably using a format that is not compatible with eprint. please review the criteria below to make sure you are following the correct format when sending a eprint.

i.      ePrint cannot process any with, PGP encryption, any digitally signed documents, any macro-enabled spreadsheets or password-protected documents

ii.      The e-mail cannot be forwarded from one (or more) recipient to the printer

1. if it is forwarded have the customer download the attachment or e-mail message and attach it to a new e-mail to the printer.

iii.      Total of  5 MB attached with no more than 10 attachments total

iv.      File format must be:

1. HTML
    1. Text only HTML files, no linked images will print
    2. Simple Text Files (.txt)
    3. Adobe PDF format
    4. Microsoft Word
    5. Microsoft PowerPoint
    6. Microsoft Outlook
    7. Microsoft Excel
      1. (though it is recommended to review the spreadsheet in print preview before sending it to the unit)
    8. Image formats BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF
      1. Must be at least 100 DPI

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

0 Kudos
RoySancho
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The document I am trying to print is a standard MS Word document with 72 bytes in it. I guess I just don't get it - I appreciate the information you passed along, Anotonio, but I have to wonder why in the world wouldn't the software allow one to drill down to understand the reason why a "failure" occurred? Why would HP just put up an error and not give any clue as to what caused it? To me this seems like a product was rushed out of the door without any thought or testing. This is what drives users crazy and makes them not want to use certain products. I'm at a point I'm ready to ship the printer back because it is simply not living up the hype promised.

0 Kudos
Level 5 Antonio99
Level 5
124 123 10 42
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RoySancho,

I am curious as to what device you are using to send your message. Also what type of router (by brand name) do you own. Different routers behave differently when connecting a printer to the web.

Try these steps ...

1. Try to turning your printer off for 60 seconds then powering back on and try to send your message again.

2. Make sure web services is enabled.

3. See if you can access any of the apps on your printer.

-if not try setting a static IP for your printer.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

0 Kudos
RoySancho
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I sincerely appreciate your responses, but even after following your suggestions the print jobs still  marked as "failure" at the eprintcenter, and nothing prints. I'm using an iPhone to send a Word doc that says, "test" on it - that's it.

Your response, although well intentioned, misses the point. For instance, in any of the trouble-shooting documentation furnished (which by the way was a joke) did it list any of the things you suggested? The answer is "no". Was there any hotline or support to call on this? Again, "no". Here was my expectation when I bought the printer: plug it in, do some basic setup, and watch it work as advertised. Instead I have spent literally days of dealing with this, and HP should be ashamed of putting out software that was not obviously tested. And if it was tested, who did it? In a lab somewhere? How about testing software with people who will be using the products?

I have spent too much time and effort just to get the printer to work. Are others having the same issue? Surely I am not the other one - maybe others have given up also and just accepted the priner for what it is - a cute desk ornament.

0 Kudos
Level 5 Antonio99
Level 5
124 123 10 42
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

While some customers do experience issues with eprint, most do not. Eprint being a very new technology their are new issues being discovered daily.

Thank you for sharing the device you are using.

i would like to let you know that if you have more than one email account set up on your device the system will not allow you send   eprints. This helps block unwanted mail from spammers.

Make sure that your device has only ONE email account.

If you have multiple accounts set up on your device remove one. Then try to send again.

0 Kudos
eprintuser13
Level 2
17 12 0 3
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue with print jobs showing failure with no explanation. It turned out that i wasn't using a compatible email server. At the time, a (CHARTER.NET address) was not compatible as well as none of the other non-mainstream email servers where. i then used my yahoo address (because it showed to be supported) and sent the same print job and had no issues. the list below shows the compatible email addresses that HP has on the hpeprintcenter site. hope this helps

• Outlook 2003, 2007
  • Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail
  • Apple Mail (iPhone, iPad, Macbook, MacbookPro)
  • BlackBerry mail client
  • Nokia/Symbian client (Nokia)
0 Kudos
RoySancho
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Again I thank you for your reply. I have only 1 email account assigned to this device, but . . . tell me where in the documentation that it says there can only be 1 email account else an error will occur.  You won't find it. So again I say that the software doesn't work and the documentation supporting this device is absolutely horrible.

Lastly, I would challenge your claim that "most don't have an issue" - tell me what that is based upon? Maybe most people have given up entirely and not even bothered to waste their time trying to get this to work. If HP cared, then a survey should be done of all eprint users to see what issues (if any) people are having.  As for me, I think the printer and software need a lot of work before it is foisted on the public.

0 Kudos
RoySancho
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am using MS Outlook 2007

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7 Dave_K
Level 7
615 613 42 117
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey RoySancho,

Thought I'd step in here to see if I could answer some of your questions. First off, I sincerely apologize that you are having trouble with getting ePrint to work, it does work in most situations. And while I can't provide you specific data on where "most" comes from as you asked, i can tell you that several million ePrint jobs are printed successfully every day. Also, I certainly apologize that you are frustrated by the documentation on ePrint at this time.

Now, into troublehooting-

Can you print from another email address or with a different attachment? If you can print the same attachment with a different email address then it could be the domain you are sending from, what is your email domain (i.e. yahoo.com, gmail.com, etc.)? If you still can't print the attachment from another email address, can you print a plain text email or a different attachment-if so then the file itself may be corrupted.

Let me know if this helps or if I can help further.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation