cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JDNS55
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Cannot scan documents on the Photosmart Premium 309g

HP Recommended
Photosmart Premium 309g
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

After my last OS upgrade I have had nothing but problems scanning on my Photosmart Premium 309g. I was on the phone for over 30 min with Apple and they determinded it is and HP software issue. The part that frustrates me is the lack of support from HP. I own 4 HP printers in my small business and can't get a tech persons help. You have to resort to a forum for help. I will probably think twice about an HP on my next purchsae. I don't have time for this.

I am using Yosemite 10.10.3. I cannot get the scan to work anymore. I have read and tried everything that is listed in the trouble shooting pages. Can it be fixed or does it get sent to the dumpster?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,575 31,286 5,394 12,601
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @JDNS55,

What software you're scanning from? is it Image apture? Preview? etc.

Please clarify the exact behavior or error message while scanning.

I would also suggest trying the HP Easy Scan app, may you see any difference while using it to scan?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-easy-scan/id967004861?mt=12

Looking forward for an update,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
JDNS55
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have tried Preview and the HP software supplied with the printer with no luck. I have tried everything I have been able to find on the HP website. I will give your recommendation a try and get back to you. Thanks!
0 Kudos
JDNS55
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got a call from HP and no luck. The HP software does not work with Yosemite 10.10.4

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation