cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dbrown1896 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Carriage Jam alarm on photosmart 2700

Over the last 2 days, I have tried to clear a carriage jam alarm on my printer using all of the suggestion given to me in the troulbeshooting section of HP online. anyone with any suggestion.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
PhD Student
PhD Student
747 747 71 215
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You've indicated some of the troubleshooting that was online that you tried, but you ddin't indicate if you tried this document or not.  This document has helped some people in the past in resolving carriage jams.  Sometimes it is the solution around resetting the product that finally clears it up.  You might try these steps in order that are listed on the document.

I found this on the Photosmart 2710 product support page.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00243856

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up + in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
112 112 2 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Turn off the printer, wait 15 seconds, then turn it back on. Press the "Setup" button on the control panel, then use the arrows to highlight "Print Report" and press the "Ok" button to print a self-test page.

Remove all the loose paper from the printer's input tray. Turn off the printer and open the back door by depressing the tab on the left side.

Pull out any stuck paper, being sure to turn the rollers to check for small pieces of paper. Close the back door and open the printer's front door.

Remove any stuck paper from the printer. Move the cartridge carriage from the left to the right side of the machine, removing anything that stops the carriage's movement.

Push down on each cartridge, then pull each one out of its slot. Replace the cartridges in their slots, then push forward on them until they each click into place.

Plug the printer back in and turn it on, then unplug the printer's power cord from the back of the machine and the electrical outlet. After at least 15 seconds, plug the power cord back in and turn the printer back on. If the problem persists, take the printer to a repair shop.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation