Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (770 Views)

Carriage Stall

My Hp 6310 printer is working OK but I keep receiving an error message re: carriage jam.  I have done everything on the HP support site to correct the problem.  I can print a self-test page and finally was able to align the cartridges.  In the past the cartridges moved when I lifted the cover; not now.  The HP printer utility says "carriage stall" for status.  Any ideas would be most appreciated.  Thanks.  

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 5 (756 Views)

Re: Carriage Stall

I don't mean for you to repeat steps you've already been told, but just to make sure all the steps have been followed, here's a video explaining how to fix recurring carriage jams. Have you already tried all these steps?

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (750 Views)

Yes, thanks, I saw the video and followed all the steps before I posted the message. .  I made some additional adjustments and got the  the status to return to  "idle."  I printed one page from MS Word, then got the beep and the error message again.  The printer utility read: 

he print cartridge cradle cannot move. 

So I moved the cradle a little away from it's right sided parking spot, then was able to print.

Guess the cartridge cradle is getting stuck in park.  That may also explain why I don't see movement when I lift cover.

So, what causes this/how to fix it?

Thanks again.

Lisa 

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (747 Views)

Perhaps it's the "clutch".  I was using stuck in park as a metaphor but perhaps I was onto something!  I saw a post on another site that suggested adjusting the clutch.  Please advise.  Thanks.

PhD Student
Message 5 of 5 (722 Views)

Lisa,

The video includes the steps that work most of the time and end with what to do if there's a hardware problem (broken printer).  If the printer is broken, the next step is to service the printer.  The steps you're trying there are ones that a service center might try.  

Since it's already not working, it can't hurt to try some different things to fix it on your own.  I don't have any servicing suggestions for this model that would help.  

Anybody else have some servicing suggestions to help here?

Sorry I wasn't more help.  

Skippyjohnson

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation