cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RakeshKr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Carrier Jan & Alignment failed

HP Recommended
HP officejet Pro 7380
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP officejet  Pro  7380 is  showing  “Carrier Jan & Alignment  failed” error. My service provider has informed me that its print head has gone bad. But, “Self-Test Diagnostic Page” of the printer shows print head health status as “Fair & good” except their warranty is over.

Please advise me on the problem.

• Is “Carrier Jan & Alignment failed” error related to print head?
  • Is it compulsory to change print head after the warranty gets over; even though their health is shown good in the “Self-Test Diagnostic Page”?

With regards

Dr. Rakesh Kumar

India

1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 6,022 1,170 1,941
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @RakeshKr,

Good Day. Thanks for posting your query in the HP community. I read the post about carriage jams on the printer. It will be a pleasure to assist you here.

You’ve done commendable troubleshooting. Hats off you on that score.  

It looks like a hardware issue with the printer.

• Please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01389539  relating to carriage jams. There is an associated video also. Although it is for a different printer, the steps should be relevant for your printer also.
  • If it still does not fix the issue, please contact HP phone support via: http://hp.com/contacthp to get the printer replaced. Please select the country and type the product# of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • If the unit is under warranty, the warranty takes care of replacements.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation