Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I purchased a HP OfficeJet pro 8710.  I purchased the 952XL print cartridges.  When I try to install, it says these are not compatible.  Why?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Did your printer came with HP 952 ink cartridges or any other cartridges?

Which cartridges have you replaced? all four or any secific cartridge only?

Which cartridge the printer list as incompatible? it will list any cartridge it refer to with a colored circle with the cartridge character (BlacK / Yellow / Magenta / Cyan)

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

This was for my son in college.  He said the Cartridge he was replacing says 954.  I don't understand.  I bought this off amazon and the recommended ink was 952.  I look online and this printer 8710 says it needs 952.  I look at the 952 ink and it says it is compatible with 8710.

I talked to HP Support over chat and they say 952 ink will work with the 8710, but they couldn't show me how since the printer was with my son at college.

Please help me understand what should be done.

HP Recommended

Sounds like a hardware issue with the printer.  My son worked with HP support and they are sending him some part to be replaced.  Not sure what it is, but will wait to see if that addresses the issue.

HP Recommended

We do have some issue about the HP 8710 incompatible Ink Cartridge Error. We install HP 953XL Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow incompatible. Our printer is made in the USA but we are using now here in Dubai UAE the available Cartridge here is HP 953XL. we can't get here HP 952XL only the HP 953XL that written in the box of HP compatible. can you help us regarding this issue?

HP Recommended

@dRWE7777 & @HavePrinter

Understand that your printer is not accepting new cartridge availabe in the new country that you have moved.  It is because

HP customizes some products and cartridges to meet specific local customer needs. During your initial printer setup, the printer automatically set itself to accept cartridges specific to a country or region. If you take your product from that country to another country, you might not find cartridges with the same number on the label as your original cartridges. These cartridges will not work in your product even though they appear to be compatible with it. If you purchase cartridges that you believe are compatible with your product, and then try to install them, you might see one of the following error messages:
  • 'Incompatible Cartridges'
  • 'Cartridge Not Intended for this Printer'
  • 'Incorrect Cartridges'  

You may refer to the below link to understand and resolve the  issue that you are facing.

HP Printers - Find and Install Cartridges after Moving to Another Country

Please refer to the below link to contact HP of the country you reside.

Phone Assist Worldwide

Best Regards,

Bryan

*I am an HP employee.I am speaking for myself and not for HP*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
HP Recommended

HI EVERYONE,

I HAVE HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 PRINTER, YESTERDAY I HAVE PURCHASED 953 INK AS ADVISE BY THE SUPPLIER WHICH IS ALSO WRITTEN PRINTER MODEL NUMBER ON THE CARTRIDGE BOX, HOWEVER AFTER INSTALLING THE CARTRIDGE IT IS SHOWING  INCOMPATABLE CARTRIDGES MESSAGE THE SUPPLIER IS REFUSED TO RETURN THE CARTRIDGE AS IT HAS BEEN OPENED. I HAVE SPEND 400 AED ON THE CARTRIDGES.

I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP AS SSON AS POOSIBLE AND  IT WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE HELP ME OUT. MY LOACTION IS UNITED ARAB EMIRATES.

THANK YOU,

JAFRY 

HP Recommended

@JAFRY1,

Understand that you are having "Incompatible Ink Cartirdge" error.

Would like you to try below troubleshooting guide to solve the issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/documen...

If the issue was not resolved after going through the guide, I would like to give a call to HP support as the newly bought HP geniune cartrigeds are under warranty.

Please scroll down to the last column of the table to see the HP phone number of UAE.

http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Best Regards,

Bryan

*I am an HP employee.I am speaking for myself and not for HP*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.