Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Cartridge Expiration in stock

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am from India and an HP cartridge retailer. Of the cartridges in my stock, 818 small Tri-color and 704 Tri-Color small says sep 2013 which is supposed to be expiry date I suppose. They still are not sold. Does the expiry date means they wont work after sep 2013? If they can work, how can I assure the customer they will work and what steps to take if any problem arises? If they will NOT work, can they be returned to HP for replacement or extention of the expiry date?

The cartridges are not cheap, therefore I am losing bucks which I invested on these cartridges. And because of such expiry date printed on the cartridge, making a customer think not to take a chance buying them.

Please suggest me a solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
33,076 26,456 2,404 8,548
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The date printed is the expiration of warranty, see the document here for information. There is no cartridge expiration for tri-color cartridges in the sense that they would be rejected by the printer, but old cartridges may have quality issues.  You could reference this page for questions of cartridge expiration, none of the printers that use the cartridges you have enforce cartridge expiration.

I do not know HP's policy for cartridge replacement for retailers.  For consumers I have heard of HP replacing unopened cartridges that were within the warranty period.  You will need to Contact HP for this case.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for my very late reply. Unfortunately now I have 2 more cartridges i.e- 703 color and black small whose expiry is December 2013. HP does not seem to have any idea about replacement of cartridges for retailers. Call them dumb or irresponsible. They ask us to sell HP, once they sell it to us they try to wash there hands off from the problems.
You said: There is no cartridge expiration for tri-color cartridges in the sense that they would be rejected by the printer, but old cartridges may have quality issues.
Sorry but I didn't understand what you meant by the above. If there is no cartridge expiration for tri-color why would they be rejected??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
33,076 26,456 2,404 8,548
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry I was not clear.  For the cartridges you have there is no expiration date that causes the cartridges to be rejected by the printer.  For these cartridges the date on the package is the end of warranty date.  The cartridges will likely still work fine in the printer but there will not be any HP warranty remaining.

I will ask my HP contacts to look into the retailer replacement policy, someone may contact you through private messaging.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Thanks but actually in India to be more clear. Even the head office seem to.be cluless. So funny.
Btw, what about the 703 cartridges? Do they expire?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,632
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi N1k

I have included a document for the warranty information on HP Cartridges.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00206040

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation