cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
happyhoffman
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cartridge Jam

HP Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cartridge is jammed all the way over to the right.  I can't free it to move freely. I have shut it off multiple times and tried to free this.  I continue to get the same message that the cartrigde is jammed and there was an improper shutdown.  Please help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
1,040 978 54 103
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cartridge Jam

Welcome @happyhoffman,

I see you have been troubleshooting an issue with a carriage jam on your Photosmart 6520 and I may be able to offer a suggestion.

Have you tried the suggested steps for A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays for HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer Series?

Ar you able to get it unstuck at all? If you can move it out of that postion, you may want to try the steps in this post copied below for you. 

Waterboy71

Another step that you can take (PLEASE be very careful when doing the following step) is to take a cotton swab and either wd40 or 3-in one oil. Get the cotton swab wet with the wd40 or the 3-in one oil and lightly run the swab on the metal travel bar that the carriage sits on. I suggest that you open the printer lid, when the cartridges move to the middle of the printer, pull the power cable from the back of the unit. You can move the carriage by hand from one side to the other when applying the lubrication.

Please do not use an excessive amount, just enough that the carriage move smoothly. Place the carriage back into the middle of the printer and close the lid and reconnect the power cable.

Please let me know if any of these steps resolved your issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation