Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-30-2017 02:02 PM
05-31-2017 02:30 PM - edited 05-31-2017 02:32 PM
Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the post regarding printing issues where black is not getting printed. I will be delighted to assist you here.
Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.
- Did you try to make copies directly from the printer after the black cartridge was replaced?
- Do you get any errors while printing from the computer?
- Please let me know the operating system of the computer?
For now please try these steps:
- Please try to make 2 copies in black from both the flatbed and the document feeder of the computer.
- If it copies fine, then there is an issue with the printer’s drivers
- Please uninstall and reinstall the printer software based on the operating system.
- If it does not copy correctly, please try all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/za-en/product/hp-envy-4510-all-in-one-printer-series/7588794/model/7815374/do... heck again if the issue gets fixed.
- If it does not, please replace the black cartridge and try again. If the issue still persists, then please contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced.
- HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true
- (1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- (2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- (3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- (4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
- They will be happy to assist you immediately.
- If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
- You could get the cartridge replaced if it has been purchased recently as the cartridge will be under warranty for a year.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. :) Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee