cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Moominus
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Cartridge damaged detection

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey all,

Our printer  Pro 8610 e-AiO has an issue with detecting damaged cartridges. Even when the cartridge is fine it will say that it is damaged. I have tried repositioning it but the warning comes back some time after reinserting.

So the cartridge is fine: it is for a brief period possible to print with the cartridge: the result is good. But then the printer goes to the error state in which it will not even try to print. This short window of time to print is very unpractical.

It is a lot of hassle to return the printer for such a minor issue (with big consequences though..)

So is it possible to disable this detection mechanism, perhaps similar to setting custom ink levels?

Since I do not see the option is there perhaps a hidden menu?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
JoséM
Level 2
Level 2
25 25 1 2
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Moominus       

sounds as if there's an intermitent issue with the printer electrical interconnections with the cartridge. If your printer is still within warranty you could give HP support desk a call.

I work for HP and volunteer for this support forum

JoséM  

I work with HP, and volunteered to assist with answers on this Forum. Hopefully its of help to you. José M
paul111
Level 1
Level 1
7 6 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Moominus,

Your issue could be because you aren't using Genuine HP supplies. If you aren't sure if you are using HP supplies you can order them from here:

http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/pdp/printers/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-...

I am an HP employee though my option is my own.

Regards,

Paul

Though I may work for HP, my opinion is my own.

Moominus
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you guys for your responses.

I have not yet given a conclusion because I'm waiting for the new cartridges that should arrive later this week. If I have a final solution / returned the thing, I will give an update again.

I did get the yellow cartridge to work by reinserting it a couple of times. This particular one was not an official HP cartridge but I'm not sure it's related. It's just an ink container. The printer could clearly print with black because it did so a few minutes before reporting the 'error'. Anyways I still would like the option to disable this 'detection error', so I'll leave the thread open for now.

0 Kudos
Moominus
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The final solution was to buy a (monochrome) laser printer, and keep the Officejet for scanning. The printing of this device is simply not reliable. We installed a set of new HP cartridges, (all of a four in one box) but cyan is printed as brown :s

I'm so tired of this thing I don't really care anymore. And so our little company is happily using a laser printer now. If you still have to chose.. DO NOT BUY this Officejet, or any inkjet I guess. The drama with ink cartridges will drive you nuts.

There is no answer to my original question of patching the Officejet software, but the case is closed now.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation