Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (6,978 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cartridge in right stall not supported

I have a black print cartridge (C8767W) for my HP 2610 All-in-One that has suddenly started causing the printer to display an error "cartridge in right stall not supported." It has worked fine in the past.

I've tried removing and re-inserting it several times. This approach has worked twice  since we first received the error, but no longer appears to help.

The cartridge in question is only 3 months old and appears to have a date printed on it that indicates 2011/06/13. It also has a good bit of ink left in it. I think that this is a defective cartridge.

1) Is there any way to get it to work again?

2) If it is defective, is there any way to get a replacment cartridge?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Cartridge in right stall not supported

I contacted support and it was determine that the cartridge is defective and is being replaced under warranty.

View solution in context
Teacher
Message 2 of 6 (6,967 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi AFerg,

I would suggest you to clean the copper contacts on the cartridge and the document below would guide you do the same.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00244394

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL OF NOT TOUCHING THE NOZZLES / INK SPRYING SIDE, WHEN HANDLING THE CARTRIDGE.

Hope the document helps..!! Smiley Happy

Regards
Hareesh@SEC
Click on the WHITE STAR icon to say 'Thanks..!!'
I am an HP employee. When I offer advice on HP Products, I'm speaking for myself and not for HP.
Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (6,941 Views)

Thank you for the reply. I have cleaned the contacts without any luck. I have sent a email to HP Support based on information from the document link you provided. 

Top Student
Message 4 of 6 (6,914 Views)

I contacted support and it was determine that the cartridge is defective and is being replaced under warranty.

GAL Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (6,518 Views)

I have recently experienced this problem with our 2410 model.  The cartridge is full of ink, the date on it is 9/29/2009.  Can I take it to any store that sells this cartridge and ask for a replacement since it is defective?

Tutor
Message 6 of 6 (6,012 Views)

Hi,

My Photosmart 2610 just did the same. It was working fine, I printed a file, and then I sent the next and it made an error and a blue crash screen on its little LCD. Too bad I didn't think of copying the error. I thought it was something a restart would fix. But a restart gave me that cartridge not supported error.

It seems from your experience that the error is common. Is there a known fix now? How can I be sure that if I buy another cartridge, it won't **bleep** up again? that the error is in the cartridge (which shouldn't have happened anyway) and not the actual printer?

I need the printer working ASAP for MA projects. I can't wait, so please answer ASAP. If the only option is buying... I might just buy another brand, new with warranty to be safe.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation